Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday Morning Guests!



I picked up Tolstoy but found myself not in a mood to have my mind occupy with any reading. I kept the book back to its place and went to the window. The multi-petal hibiscus plant was leaning towards the marigold flowers. May be they were gossiping about the new entrant, the plant with lanky stems and pretty pink flowers- I'm not sure what it's called, but it's their neighbor now.

The crape jasmine looked quite contended in its own corner beside the single petal hibiscus that looked droopy. I checked the clock; it was seven in the morning-Ah! Sleepy heads. The roses however looked fresh and happy, keen to welcome the day and have fun with the sun and the wind. I smiled as their keenness energized me.

I steered my gaze towards the Lily plants, the buds were yet to show up-mom has been waiting eagerly for them for quite sometime. I tenderly stroked the blade of one of its leaves. I was admiring nature's creation when a beautiful butterfly flew in.  It was black with golden spots on the nether of its wings. It wandered over the flowers resting in between on the curry leaf plant. I recognized it; Common Mormon.

A voice interrupted my experience, it said, "Beta, time for your shower" and thus my Saturday morning tryst with nature came to an end.

Psst… there are two common Mormon caterpillars on our curry leaf plant now.



Image: Inmagine.com
  Today, I just didn't have anything else to write about so thought would bore you with this piece.

P. S.: I lost a follower today even before publishing this post. Looks like my previous post had it's side effects.




Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

14 comments:

  1. Lily and Marigold at the same time, wow. In my garden Lily blooms only in hot summers with Jasmine, Bela and Juhi ...and foul smelling Genda comes out only in Winters with Raatrani, harshringar...
    Btw ..your post is worth reading and i enjoy it. You are so lucky.. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I have a smiling pink water lily in my balcony garden. Your post inspires me to put it up in my blog.

    It is a nice peaceful start to your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh did you put it up... I haven't check a blog for a month.

      Delete
  3. ah you have a nice garden out there. beautiful write up Nam. :)
    enjoy your Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice write up
    btw dont worry bout followers ...:) u rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zooni... and I wasn't worried about the followers coz I receive more love than tomatoes... just saw they had left and thought of mentioning it.. lol

      Delete
  5. Sweet post Namrota

    So sorry about the P.S ... :-p..my humble attempt to compensate it.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont worry dear.. im joining in..to make u happy as u r making us happy by ur writing...gud write-up...

    The Scribbler
    http://lifesscribblings.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so sweet of you.. thank you :)

      Delete
  7. i envy your habits getting up so early and taking nascent oxygen from the garden. I used to see hibiscus blooming hanging as a garland on the photograph of ma kali on Saturday Morning. Keep up this good habit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Post some flowers in the next post :) and caterpillars are not good news.

    PS - Don't worry about followers when one go thousand more connect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could be a morning person but it's been years now...and I love the caterpillar click

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...