"Someday... that's a Dangerous word, its really just a code for never "
--A quote from the movie "Knight and Day".
Today, some time in the evening, I was relishing my cup of green tea (sounds good to mention the G word here *winks*), staring into oblivion, when this quote, out of no where, just popped into my head.
We keep saying, someday I will do this, someday I will do that...someday I will go there, someday I will try this new recipe..etc etc ... & how many of us turn that "Someday" into "Today", for every thing we wish for ?- not many. *Knits Eyebrows*
But then, sometimes, we DO get what we want. How ?--Magic Potion/ Magic Wand/Harry Potter? NO..then ?
--Well, I was instantly able to place my finger on the answer *eyebrows back to there places* (and I am sure many of you already know this), which I gathered from my experience, the Magic lies in our approach. (No need for any wizards/witches or their antics here; no offense to Mr. Potter and et al).
When we wish for something without worrying about, hows..whens..what ifs..., there is no extra burden to our goal/s ..the 'focus' is on just our wish/es...& we work on it with full zeal. On the other hand, when we feed our wishes/wants with, 'I don't have the means to..' OR 'I don't know how to..' OR even worse 'what would people say'... the "S" word, "someday' becomes a code for never. Definitely dangerous.
So, lets just keep our Approaches right...are YOU game, my friend... *smiles*.
Just listing a few quotes I like :
- I am ten years old, TV is my life. --- Home Alone 2 : Lost in New York. (English)
- I am also a girl, standing before a boy, asking him to love her. --- Notting Hill. (English)
- When you first entered the restaurant, I thought you were handsome... and then, of course, you spoke.--- As Good As It Gets. (English)
- Paani ka kam toh Paani hi karta hai. --- Jab We Met (Hindi ; Translation : Only Water can quench a thirst).
- [After Evy kicks a snake out of her way] Rick : Those things are poisonous, you know.
Evy : *smiles* Only if they bite you. ---- The Mummy Returns. (English)
- Bachho, Kabil bano Kabil, Kamyaabi toh saali jhak maarke peechhe ayegi. ---(Hindi; Translation: Pursue Excellence, success will follow).
Image : Google (random)